I won’t mince words here. There’s a whole lot of shit going on & this is what you can do to prevent it all from affecting you terribly.
A canyon has opened in the Sun that is sending out tremendous bursts of solar energy that are hitting the Earth at this time (see this link for further information). This happens around the equinoxes when universal portals open that allow energy to travel inter-dimensionally. The spring and autumn equinoxes are times of spiritual awakening for many people. The solar energy that reaches the Earth at those times is not nearly as intense as it is right now. These solar storms began on March 16, 2018 and will continue on through March 26th. To add a great deal of spice to this mix, Mercury goes retrograde on Thursday, March 22nd and shall remain in retrograde through April 15th (Happy Tax Day, America! Be SURE you have ALL your paperwork in order as Mercury retrograde can adversely affect paperwork, the transfer and filing of paperwork!!!).
Many people are currently feeling the very real physical symptoms that the energy from the solar storm. This is also what is known as “ascension flu,” which are the physical symptoms a person will experience when their vibratory rate increases to the next level, but their physical body hasn’t quite caught up yet. Here is the checklist of symptoms:
- Headaches, body aches, stomach ache, moderate to severe joint pain
- Confusion, disorientation, memory loss, short-term memory issues, forgetfulness
- Loss of sleep, insomnia
- Very intense dreams, sometimes of a psychic nature, or really bad nightmares
- Excessive thirst
- Lack of appetite, or if you eat meat – a sudden aversion to meat
- The feeling that no one understands you
- Being unable to relate to others while in the past this was never an issue
- The need for more “alone” time
- Sore throat
- Ear ringing, buzzing or whining (which – if NOT physical – is the sound of information being downloaded to you by your guides or it is the rush of energy coming into you that is helping to raise your vibration)
Coupled with all of this is Mercury Retrograde, which is when the planet Mercury appears to the naked eye to be moving backwards in its orbit. Although this is an optical illusion it is a measurable fact that during retrograde periods we see an increase in traffic accidents, airline and train disasters, and our appliances and vehicles tend to go haywire, all the while this is made more exciting by the fact that people are misunderstanding one another and arguing more than usual (note sarcasm!).
Mercury is the planet of Communication and Technology. It rules the mind and intellect, also if you are a Virgo or Gemini you are ruled by the planet Mercury. Furthermore, if you have Mercury IN Virgo or Gemini on your natal chart, well, Mercury Retrograde can appear to personally have it in for you. I am Gemini and I have four planets in Gemini: the Sun (of course, which is what makes Gemini my sun sign), the Moon, Venus, and my nemesis: Mercury. Those who are ruled by Mercury (Virgos and Geminis everywhere have my deepest sympathies) or if you have Mercury in your sun sign on your natal (birth) chart are usually much more affected by Mercury retrograde periods than others. By the way, I am surrounded. My husband is a Virgo, my daughter is also a Virgo. Both have Mercury in their sun signs, and even my CAT is a Virgo! Help me, please!!!
Mercury retrograde can adversely affect travel. This can create snafus at the airport. There are more reports of lost luggage during retrogrades than at any other time. Flights are delayed, cancelled, or missed more frequently during a retrograde, thus creating travel chaos for many. Reservations get lost or double-booked, the car you rented was given to someone else and now the agency is out of cars – that sort of thing.
Mercury retrograde, especially when combined with solar storms (which is ongoing as I type this) can cause appliances, vehicles, and especially computers and phones to go on the fritz. If you have seen your phone or computer screen blink off, then back on again suddenly without warning – that is more than likely being caused by the solar storm, not Mercury retrograde, but combined with the solar energy, well, it’s anyone’s guess as to what we’ll be experiencing as individuals over the next few weeks. Be sure your vehicle is in good shape and also, while on the road please be extra vigilant. It’s also a measurable fact that there are more traffic accidents & fatalities during a retrograde period. You may see more traffic signals malfunctioning – again, that is both an effect of the retrograde period and the solar storms, so while driving please do use extra caution.
Mercury as the planet of Communication also rules over paperwork, the courts, and even relationships – anything that requires any type of communication. During a retrograde period paperwork tends to get misdirected or downright lost. Be sure when filling out applications, BEFORE you send them off MAKE A COPY! You should be backing up your files and be sure you have backups of all important files and paperwork on CD or flash drive. Do NOT rely solely upon your computer – just in case the worst should happen and it crashes.
Interpersonal relationships can also suffer. Mercury retrograde can cause people to mis-hear or mis-comprehend what you’re saying, which can then lead to misunderstandings, arguments, and hurt feelings. In my line of work as a magical practitioner, I have noticed over the years I receive more reading and enchantment orders from people experiencing a break up during a retrograde period than at any other time of the year. Please be careful with your words and remember – once words are said they cannot ever be unsaid. Think before you speak.
Here’s hoping that the next few weeks are as peaceful and stress-free for all as possible. If things do get crazy and you feel like pulling your hair out, here are a few things you can do to help yourself to feel better:
- soak in a bath of 2 cups Epsom salts & 3 – 4 drops of lavender essential oil. This will help to clear your aura and chakras while helping to calm your frantic mind
- take walks in Nature
- remember to ground frequently (Geminis, I am talking 2 – 3 times a DAY for you in particular!), by hugging a tree, walking barefoot in the grass or on sand/dirt, or by placing the palms of both your hands in dirt (even if it’s a potted plant for those of you who live in the middle of a large city, that WILL work!)
- drink more water than usual, for some you may want to double your water intake
- try to keep your sleep pattern regular. Go to bed at the same time each night & try to wake up the same time each morning
- eat more fruits and veggies (that’s always good advice anyway)
- avoid violent or scary movies – this includes the news!
- remember to tell others you love them (important all the time!)
Until next time, wishing you & yours many blessings & a Blessed Ostara to those who observe this day,
~ Nefer Khepri, PhD., R. M-T.
Tarot & Lenormand Readings, Spells, & Visionary Art