Herbs have many uses. Bay is one of my favorite herbs. I always used bay leaves for banishing negative energy.
For example, steep them in hot water, then add to your mop water. As you clean the floors with it you not only clean up the negative energy, you also set up protection to keep new negative energy out of your home or place of business.
If you have a troublesome neighbor, take a large bay leaf & with a red Sharpie marker write their name on it. Burn the leaf. As it burns imagine their influence in your life decreasing. They will then go bother someone else.
Place crushed bay leaves along the threshold of the entrances to your home to act as a protective perimeter. Leave in place for about 30 minutes, then sweep or vacuum it up. The energy signature of the herb will remain in place for approximately 30 days (i.e., one lunar cycle). At that point renew as needed.
If you’re having difficulties in the workplace, place 2 leaves in an equal-armed cross formation somewhere in your desk. If you move around a lot at work so that you’re not spending most of your day at your desk then try the following.
- At home (not at work as this may look weird to others) choose 2 bay leaves that are as identical in size as you can manage. Have a white envelope handy. Next, write your name on one bay leaf and the name of your employer or troublesome coworker on the other bay leaf. Sharpie markers work the best as they will not cause the bay leaves to crack if you’re careful and don’t use too much pressure.
- Place the bay leaf with their name on it as the horizontal arm of the equal armed cross.
- Place the bay leaf with your name as the vertical arm of the equal armed cross.
- Tape or glue two bay leaves together in the shape of an equal arm cross.
- Visualize yourself happy at work and at the top of your game. As you hold that image in your imagination open the envelope and place the bay leaf cross in your power hand (your dominant hand) and crush them together. Allow the fragments to fall into the envelope.
- When you are next at work discreetly open the envelope and sprinkle the crushed bay leaves in an inconspicuous place. Leave it there and know it will do its work. As with the threshold spell you may need to renew this every 30 days depending upon the severity of your situation.
Money troubles? Place a dried bay leaf in your wallet or purse. You may want to wrap it in a plastic baggie or foil because it will eventually break. Switch it out for a new leaf every 30 days.
Relationship issues? Follow the instructions for creating an equal-armed bay leaf cross. No need to write your names on it. Place it under your bed on the floor as close to the center of the headboard as you can get it. Visual the relationship healing as you set the bay leaf cross in place. Leave in place and change it out every 30 days.
Burn bay leaves to alleviate stress & anxiety. The scent of bay has also been used for insomnia & muscle tension.
Bay leaves are inexpensive, simple to store, extremely useful, & no witch should ever be without bay leaves within handy reach.
Magical education never ends. It’s basically a bottomless pit of age old wisdom
~ Nefer Khepri
Wishing you many blessings!
~ Nefer Khepri, PhD., R. M-T.
Tarot & Lenormand Readings, Spells, & Visionary Art
Guidance & Inspiration From the Angelic Realm: my new oracle deck!
The Egyptian Lenormand: signed & activated copies